domingo, 26 de abril de 2020

HOW TO MAKE QUESTIONS

⇢We  put the verb before the subject:
Affirmative
Question
I am late.
Am I late?
I can help.
Can I help?
She is sleeping.
Is she sleeping?
We have got a problem.
Have we got a problem?
With a question word (why, what, where, how, etc.), it goes before the verb.
Question
Question with question word
Are you late?
Why are you late?
Was she there?
When was she there?
Can I help?
How can I help?
Is she sleeping?
Where is she sleeping?
→Questions in the present simple and past simple:
We use the auxiliary verb do/does in the present simple.
Affirmative
Question
Question with question word
You work at home.
She likes tennis 
Do you work at home?
Does she like tennis?
Where do you work?
What does she like?
It costs £10. 
Does it cost £10?
How much does it cost?
We use the auxiliary verb did in the past simple.
Affirmative
Question
Question with question word
She went home. 
Did she go home?
Where did she go?
They went to the cinema. 
Did they go to the cinema?
Where did they go?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario